Based on walking around St. Petersburg for two days (read: not on all that much), I bring you five things that Russians apparently find stylish.
- Punk Rock, especially Iron Maiden
- American NBA teams that are doing well
- Tight clothes
- Black (Shoes, pant, shirts, etc)
The jet lag has been conquered, sort of. It’s 7:30 p.m., and I’m exhausted.
In the interest of brevity, I’m going to list some of today’s accomplishments. You’ll notice that a lot of them involve purchases; talking with people in Russian is tough.
- Rode the metro to downtown St. Petersburg to watch the Victory Day parade.
- Bought lunch (but the menu was in English and Russian).
- Bought a surge protector.
- Bought water from a vendor on the street.
More later, but for now, it’s time to get out and get some coffee in the interest of the continuing flight against jet lag.